Friday, January 12, 2007

Lessons Learned this Week:

~ procrastination is bad, but procrastination with viruses and bacteria throwing a kegger in the back of your throat is just plain painful
~ not only am i capable of doing academic work for 10-15 hours a day, for four days straight, i actually kinda liked it. but, i bet i would like 8 hours a day, five days a week, over the course of eleven weeks even better!
~ the library is a fantastic place to study! much better than my smelly old desk with a pesky internet connection.
~ i prefer the caffine buzz of black tea, second is coca-cola buzz, and third is coffee buzz.
~ curly fries with ketchup and black pepper is a better midnight study-snack thank melted B&J cookie dough ice cream
~ a lot of water not only flushes away germies and keeps you healthier, it also works in mandatory "study breaks" every 30 minutes.
~ some of my flatmates stay up into the wee hours of the morning doing who knows what, but it involves going up and down the stairs, a lot
~ the person I share a common wall with in the apartment wall listens to/watches what sounds like the beginning of Shaft at 11:48 every night
~ my laptop is much smarter than i gave him credit for. he quickly learned that the word "libaray" was not a fun place to go, even when said in a cheerful voice. soon, when I mentioned to my flatmates it was time to go back to the "L-I-B-A-R-A-Y" he would hide under the desk and refuse to go into my messenger bag. I finally learned to carry treats with me, by leaving a trail of small USB flash drives into my bag, if I'm quick enough, I velcro the little punk in there before he knows what hit him.
~ there is a consipracy going on with my solitaire game (probably in collusion with my laptop who gets sulky when I trick him into the library) because I NEVER win a game when I'm procrastinating, which, lets face it, is the only time one plays solitare on your computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home