Friday, November 11, 2005

Fun Fun at Wheaton

Indeed, it's been a good trip so far. The weather isn't freezing (hooray!) and the students are so excited to be here, it's rubbed off on me. At the advisor's luncheon, it was really fun to hear how many schools were impacted at NCMSLC last year at SPU. Stories of how they were inspired by something they saw, or determined to bring more people this year. Many sought me out to affirm what a good job I did. I love pats on the back.

I've been most impacted by the chapel and plenary speakers. Good encouragement and motivation, that has reminded me again why I do what I do. I've been able to have a really fun time with these students, and made me think about why I don't spend more time just being with them. That's really what the fundamental purpose of my job is. Anyway, I skipped out of the evening concert and opted for an early bedtime, I'm not as young as I used to be! My 24 year old body needs sleep!

Thinking about you Dad, and how you are at your own "conference" and working 100 times harder than me. I'm so proud of you. Lots of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home